Welcome to Architographer

Built  in 1913 by Cass Gilbert for Frank W. Woolworth, it was the original “Cathedral of Commerce,” paid for in cash by Woolworth. By phone from Washington D.C., President Woodrow Wilson turned the lights on in what was at the time the tallest building in the world (792 ft.). With terra-cotta tiles hung from a … Continue reading